Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 06:29:40 -0700 (MST)

Andrew Bernard wrote
> Hello All,
>

> Just letting you know that I have contributed some snippets to openlilylib
> worth having for doing some small things in contemporary style scores, but
> which need some Scheme coding.
>

> Slashed beams
>

> A function \slashBeam that can add a slash to the left or the right of a
> beamed group, with a fair degree of control over angle and position. This
> is
> a generalisation of work that others have created previously, in
> particular
> it extends the concept of \slash.
>

> Slashed stems
>

> The function \slashStem allows you to add a slash to a stem with a fair
> degree of control over position and angle. Note that this is a different
> case from slashing a beamed group. [There may be arguments against this
> but
> I wanted a separate function.] I developed this to make horizontal stem
> slashes, but it was easy to generalize.
>

> Pedal decorations
>

> People have often requested to be able to add cautionary labels to pedal
> brackets on continued lines. There have been many workarounds given. This
> solution in Scheme attacks the problem directly by modifying the bracket
> stencil. An arbitrary text label can be added, and optional continuation
> arrows can be added to the right hand end of the bracket. This style is
> commonly seen in contemporary scores.
>

> These three new capabilities can be found under snippets/notation-snippets
> in the openlilylib repository.
>

> If there do not exist bugs and defects I would be surprised. I am happy to
> take feedback and suggestions. The code is for the >= 2.19.45 releases. I
> have not tested on 2.18.2, and unless somebody requests, I don't intend
> to.
>

> Andrew

Thanks Andrew!

Quick question, what is the difference between this openlilylib page and the
other http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search website?

Are these the same snippets overlapped or are they different content? I've
only really known about and used the http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search but
openlilylib looks great! Love the layout and material.

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond