Re: request for help: huge score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: request for help: huge score
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 13:25:19 +0100

Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 23 November 2016 at 11:30, Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> currently there's some ongoing heavy work to make LilyPond work with
>> guilev2.
>>
>> I'd like to test the current state with a huge score, something like
>> an entire sinfony or the like.
>> I don't have a huge score of this kind at hand.
>> May I ask if somebody could send me one?
>> It should compile with a recent devel-version to ensure comparabilty.
>>
>> A huge score may be too much for an attachment on the list.
>> Please try zipped or a private mail.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Harm
>>

> Maybe something from Nicolas Sceaux? Several complete operas with lots of
> complex Scheme-processing going on.

"Lots of complex Scheme-processing" is not helpful since it increases
the likelihood of version incompatibilities outside of convert-ly's
reach, and of Guile version problems not related to the migration.

The problem area we are dealing with are large complex scores, but
written in a boring manner and style (regarding the LilyPond source),
preferably not even involving significant amounts of Scheme.

--
David Kastrup