PianoStaff.shortinstrumentName

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: PianoStaff.shortinstrumentName
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:20:56 +0100

Dear List,

How can I give a piano staff not only a full instrument name for the first
system but also a short name for the subsequent systems.
Now I have:

\new PianoStaff        <<
         \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = "Basso Continuo"
         \set PianoStaff.shortinstrumentName = "B. C."

but only the first system gets its name

I admit that " \set PianoStaff.shortinstrumentName = "" "  was only a guess
since I had not been able to find the correct command anywhere in the
documentation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone