Re: Odd interaction berween \alternative and bar line

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Odd interaction berween \alternative and bar line
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:23:05 +0000

Phil,

I don't know what I was thinking of! I've spent about 2 hours getting this wrong! Several senior moments I fear.

Change the middle bit to

        \repeat volta 2 {
           c1
         }
         \alternative {
           {
             <g, g'>
             |        %comment this out and it's OK
             <a a'>
           }
           d'1
         }

and it's OK, even without the braces round the last note.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

I wasn't certain, so I looked in the Notation Reference.  It says "Each group of alternatives must be themselves, enclosed in a set of braces."

--
Phil Holmes