Re: Photoscore

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Photoscore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:12:03 +0100

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:48:59 +0100, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> The big houses more or less *exclusively* use Sibelius and Finale in
> parallel, with a very low share still using SCORE and an actually tiny
> share using Amadeus.
>
> Breitkopf just last year decided to quit any diversity and to move
> everything to Sibelius.

For what reason do they still insist on tools and not on results?

I've been in a similar situation with a great US publisher who insisted on
receiving materials in some proprietary format (later they switched to an
even worse XML format). I showed them that I could provide camera-ready
printfiles (PostScript, later PDF) that matched every inch of their
standards. And I kept my part of the deal by delivering on time. As a
bonus, I got a slightly higher percentage of the revenues since they only
thing they had to do was to hit the print button.

I've had more experiences like this with other publishers.

For LilyPond this would mean: Can we produce printfiles that look like they
are generated from their favourite tools (but better, of course).

-- Johan