Re: Photoscore

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Photoscore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:28:23 +0000

On 28 Nov 2016 16:13, "Johan Vromans" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:48:59 +0100, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > The big houses more or less *exclusively* use Sibelius and Finale in
> > parallel, with a very low share still using SCORE and an actually tiny
> > share using Amadeus.
> >
> > Breitkopf just last year decided to quit any diversity and to move
> > everything to Sibelius.
>
> For what reason do they still insist on tools and not on results?

I am certain this is because they often want to edit for house style etc. I've seen this mentioned on contracts for arranging etc, and it's quite  understandable to me. If you were copywriting for a newspaper, you wouldn't send them a PDF and expect them to retype/scan it in.

On the other hand, it's virtually mandated for me at work that we don't send technical documents out in anything other than PDF. There's many good reasons for this, including not leaving tracked changes in there, but most importantly it's very portable.

Chris