Re: Photoscore

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Photoscore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:51:02 +0100

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:27:05 +0100, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> The point (and a partially understandable one) is that publishers don't
> want to get prepress files but files they can edit in the future, even
> if the original person is not available anymore.

Basically they want program sources, and they only understand a single or
very limited set of programming languages. Yes, this is partially
understandable. Apparently, music publishing is a different beast than book
publishing.

Do they realise they are completely at the mercy of their software?

A couple of weeks ago I had a 3D scan of my teeth and the dentist needed to
reboot his Windows8 system into Windows/XP since the scanning software can
not run on anything newer. Looking at the other part if this thread, he'd
better not upgrade to Windows10 then.

-- Johan