Re: Photoscore

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Photoscore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:26:17 +0000

On 11/28/2016 2:12 PM, David Wright wrote:
> So it should be worth booting from a live linux CD to mount the
> partitions to check their contents, and to reinstall Grub
> (or whatever you use to boot) into the MBR.

The thing to do IMMEDIATELY is make a "drive image backup." RedoBackup,
Clonezilla, Acronis, Macrium - something the copies the entire hard
drive and allows restoring it all if something doesn't work out.

Then if you want to work on hard drive partitionas, I nominate this tool
- Parted Magic: https://partedmagic.com/
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA