Re: New LilyPond website

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:03:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi, John!

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:27 PM, John Roper [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, my name is John Roper and I am a freelance developer who does web design among other things. I use LilyPond occasionally and I felt that the website needed a little bit of a sprucing up. I decided to see what I could do and I have created a new, nicer looking, website based on wordpress which you can preview at http://jmroper.com/lilypond/. I have managed to get most of the content from the other website transferred over and I hope to have it all done soon. I was hoping that it would be able to move the LilyPond blog over to the main website as well. Please tell me what you think.

I, for one, really like what you've done. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the main site go this route, but I'm okay with it as it is if that's not the consensus.

A couple of first impressions/thoughts:
1. When I accessed the site, I couldn't see any images (except for the snippets on the examples page). Any idea why?
2. On the "Learn" page, the Split HTML and Big HTML buttons shouldn't say "Download" because they are accessed online. Maybe "View"?
3. I realize the site is just a prototype, but I think it would be better to not use the image found on the Making Notes blog as the post header image for the blog posts.

Great work! Can't wait to see the next iteration!

Best,
Abraham