Re: New LilyPond website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:27:41 +0100 (CET)

>> As David K. pointed out, it must be viewable and navigatable by
>> blind people.
>
> As I wrote, there are some aspects that need to be solved.  I just
> do not reject a potential valuable approach beforehand.

Nobody does that.  You are inferring this.

>> Additionally, it must be possible to build the documentation of
>> lilypond with `make doc'.
>
> As discussed, this can be solved by separating the site and the
> documentation.

Certainly, but having just a single top page `for the kids', then
having the `old-fashioned' contents is like setting up a Potemkin
village...

>> We then would need someone who is doing the job to set this up and
>> convert the old stuff to the new one.  However, this isn't a
>> trivial task and it probably takes a long time to get it right, so
>> we need someone who has a lot of endurance and stamina...
>
> In other words, it will never happen.

Such a pessimistic view!  We don't know yet how much time and energy
John is going to invest – maybe he wants to continue his efforts.

> "Soms moet je vliegen voor je vleugels krijgt" (dutch proverb)

This is quite hard if there is no air (i.e., further support).

You certainly know Dilbert's bungee boss?  This is what we would like
to avoid.

    Werner

PNG image