Re: New LilyPond website

From: John Roper
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 06:42:49 -0500

OK. This was an idea that I had that I thought I'd share with you. My overall plan was that the website looks old and could use a redesign. I did it in WordPress because that is what I thought would be easiest for you, especially for things like the news and blog. Technically we could get a site that looks like this on almost any static site generator.

On Nov 29, 2016 5:48 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 29.11.2016 um 11:25 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> What John did can be easily done with a static site generator, which
> would have many more chances to get accepted by LilyPond developers.

One point that hasn't been raised in *this* thread is that using any CMS
on the donated web space we have is out of question. Anyone wanting to
have a WordPress site (or anything else) would have to find a hosting
solution for this - and would probably also be responsible for keeping
that safe and running.

I personally would also be happy to have the website separate from the
docs, so it can be adapting to new ideas more easily. But I would much
more like to see it created by a static site generator, in a system
where the content can be managed as a Git repository.

This doesn't say *anything* about the visual aspect of the current
proposal, though.

Urs