Re: New LilyPond website

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:01:11 +0100

John Roper <address@hidden> writes:

> OK. This was an idea that I had that I thought I'd share with you. My
> overall plan was that the website looks old and could use a
> redesign. I did it in WordPress because that is what I thought would
> be easiest for you, especially for things like the news and
> blog. Technically we could get a site that looks like this on almost
> any static site generator.

If that doesn't sound too unappealing to you, doing your redesign in the
context of LilyPond's HTML generation will save you a whole lot of
frustrating discussions (basically, people will mostly be a pushover) at
the cost of frustration at figuring out the details of the current
setup.  Which _also_ is open to incremental improvements of course.

--
David Kastrup