Re: New LilyPond website

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:47:13 +0000

On 11/29/2016 10:35 AM, Shane Brandes wrote:
> I tend to notice first because they have words and not fancy paintings, and
> therefore immediately understandable information.

You're not alone in this. Here's Basecamp's Jason Fried writing in Inc.
magazine. To me, it seems like an echo of LilyPond's text-centric design
philosophy.

"I've always found it interesting that some of the most popular sites on
the Web--Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, Wikipedia, to name a few--are often
very heavy on the text and very light on the imagery. These sites won't
win any design awards, but they seem to communicate very clearly to
their intended audience. They don't try too hard; they just are what
they are. There's no shame in that."

Full article:
http://www.inc.com/magazine/201404/jason-fried/do-not-overdesign-your-website.html

And, the non-overdesigned Basecamp website: https://basecamp.com/about