Re: New LilyPond website

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:19:23 +0000

On 11/29/2016 11:41 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 11/29/2016 10:08 AM, Karlin High wrote:
>> On 11/29/2016 4:47 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
>>> But I would much more like to see it created by a static site
>>> generator, in a system where the content can be managed as a Git
>>> repository.
>> I did a Google serach for "texinfo website generator." Here's one that
>> reminds me of the LilyPond way of doing things.
>>
>> HAUNT:
>> https://haunt.dthompson.us/
> Indeed, if we're talking static site generators, Haunt has a lot to
> recommend it, especially because it's written in Guile/Scheme which
> LilyPond devs/contributors know well.  It works with texinfo.  It's
> functional (as in functional programming).  It makes few assumptions,
> is flexible, etc.
>
> The recently revamped Guile website now uses Haunt:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/

Really! I remember the Guile website got suggested before as a source of
web design inspiration. (In the lilypond-user discussion "Potential
improvements to the homepage?" begun by Andrew Yoon on August 21, 2016.)
And, since the source for that is available on git -
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile/guile-web.git/ - there would be a
starting point for making a web design workflow that integrates with
LilyPond's existing workflows for writing documentation and translations.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA