Re: Language selection on lilypond.org

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Language selection on lilypond.org
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 22:56:50 +0100

Il giorno gio 1 dic 2016 alle 22:43, Noeck <address@hidden> ha scritto:
how does the automatic language selection feature work on the lilypond
website? I've looked trough the source code but could not find a hint
that would point me to language selection things.

it's in Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess

You can find a good explanation here:
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-apache-lang-neg

When I go to lilypond.org with Firefox, the page is written in English.
My preferred language in Firefox is German. I can click on "Other
languages: ... Deutsch" but that is not what I would call automatic.

Is that a bug or a misunderstanding on my side or do I need to enable
something?

You should check which http header you are sending to the server.
Install this firefox plugin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/

Perhaps the language in your browser is not defined in a standard way?

This is what I get:

and the website serves correctly the italian pages.