tag - midi

From: bart deruyter
Subject: tag - midi
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 21:44:30 +0100

Hi all,

I did some experimentation with the \tag command. It is great for different editions of printed music of course, but I tried it in the midi block without luck.

I'm trying to create some music dictation exercises and want to separate the midi file for the student in parts of each 2 bars, so I enclosed each two bars in separate tags, like this:

\tag #'A {c'2 | g |} \tag #'B {e'4 d | c2 }|

hoping it would work if I'd write something like this int he midi block:

\midi { \keepWithTag #'A \altoVoice }

But no luck.. is it a bug, or simply not implemented (which is my guess)?
And is there a possible solution to get the wanted result?

thx,
Bart