Re: Spacing for s4

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Spacing for s4
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 16:50:32 +0000

On 12/3/16 7:12 AM, "PMA" <address@hidden> wrote:

>With such a simple solution (my using 'r' instead & setting
>rests to transparent), I'm not inclined to pursue the issue.

I suspect (although I haven't tried it) that using 'r' and setting the
stencil to #f would produce exactly the same output as using s.

>I do wonder, though, if spacers are not to make space (for
>themselves, so of course nudging the next event rightward),
>why they are called "spacers" at all.

Yes, that is an interesting question.

Until I reread the manual I had forgotten that spacer rests are really
called "invisible rests", which exactly describes what they do.  Perhaps
we should change the documentation to have most of the text read
"invisible rest".

Thanks,

Carl