Re: Magnetic snapping of syllables and hyphenating long words

From: Janne Uusitalo
Subject: Re: Magnetic snapping of syllables and hyphenating long words
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 20:03:10 +0200

Hi,

I tried 2.19.51 today to see whether this would’ve solved itself, but
no. The minimal examples for 2.18 in http://reema.fi/lilypond/ are
still valid.

I guess the only hack around this problem is to cut long words at
system breaks in two (“ves -- ti- bu -- lum”) but I’d hate having to
do that to the ~280 pages of choir music I’m currently typesetting for
a book. Mainly because it’s a _lot_ of extra work, but also because
the manually inserted hyphen is not visually identical to nor at the
same horizontal position as the automatic one.

All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Janne