Re: PyQt5

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: PyQt5
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 22:19:04 +0100

Am 04.12.2016 um 16:59 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno dom 4 dic 2016 alle 9:53, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> I'm running LMDE2 (Linux Mint Debian Edition), and requesting the Debian
>> Version returns 8.4. Interestingly there's exactly one other person
>> having expressed this problem and he also was running Debian 8.4.
>>
>> So I'm pretty sure the problem would go away by upgrading PyQt to a more
>> recent version than available in my specific Debian's repositories. But
>> I feel daunted to do this manually because it's such a huge beast with
>> presumably countless dependencies.
>>
>> So if anyone can give me a hint on how to force an upgrade or to add a
>> current installation *beside* the package one I'd be very glad.
>
> Can you install PyQt in a virtualenv?
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyQt5/
>
> Otherwise you may try pinning a package in a different repository.

I must say I'm a little bit worried because it's not just PyQt but also
Qt itself and IISC a number of other things that all have to match. But
I must admit I don't really see through that.

> Don't know how Linux Mint works...

I *think* that with regard to packaging it should behave basically like
Debian itself. For example, unlike Ubuntu you can't add PPAs.

Urs