Re: Using volta endings on some parts but not all

From: Patrick Hubers
Subject: Re: Using volta endings on some parts but not all
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:11:31 +0100

Op 4-12-2016 om 18:04 schreef Richard Shann:

I can't (*) give you detailed advice for doing this within LilyPond (I
think you would need \tag for the different bits), but one thing to
watch for is the bar numbering: the version with first & second time
bars may have different bar numbers from the version without. There is
some syntax to re-set the bar numbering.

Ah, of course, tags! Somehow I hoped that Lilypond had some hidden trick to achieve this automatically, but tags will work too. Thanks for the tip about the bar numbering: not in issue in this particular piece, but might be in other scores.

Thanks!

Patrick