"Fonts too big" problem revisited

From: Gerdau, Michael
Subject: "Fonts too big" problem revisited
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:27:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi List,

a few weeks ago I had reported that on my ArchLinux system text fonts in
Lilypond (and only in Lilypond!) had been rendered about a factor of 20 too
large - all character spacing remained normal.

Meanwhile I have solved this and my system is back to normal.

To me it appears the culprit had been me playing around with deepin desktop
manager. That had added a few settings to my users local fontconfig files which
ultimately caused that strange behaviour. Removing all deepin related config
files from ~/.config cured the symptoms.

I'm reporting this because I recall at least one other ponder reported similar
problems.

Kind regards,
Michael
--