Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 12:01:20 -0600

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 5:46 AM, Mojca Miklavec <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>    (b.2) I would actually like to know how to change the behaviour,
> so that my favourite text editor opens rather than LilyPond.app.

Wait, is all you want to do is to be able to assign *.ly files to open with a
specific text editor if you double-click on them?  On Macs that’s settable in
the Finder with no need to build anything from source.

Right-click or Control-click on the *.ly file.  Select “Open with…” from the
popup menu that appears.  Select your desired application.  When it asks if you
want all *.ly files mapped to that application, click “yes.”  Should be done.