Re: tag - midi

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: tag - midi
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 08:31:15 +0100

Hi all,

I'm sorry for this late reply, it has been quite busy here.

here is a minimal example:

altoVoice = \relative c' {

\tag #'A {c'2  g |} \tag #'B {e'4 d  c2 }|
  \bar "|."
}

\score {
  \new Staff \with {
    midiInstrument = "piano"
  } { \altoVoice}

  \layout { }
  \midi {
  \keepWithTag #'A \altoVoice }
  \midi {
   \keepWithTag #'B \altoVoice }
}

As expected, I get two midi files, but they both contain the music of the entire score. The midi blocks don't follow the \keepWithTag rules.

What I'd like to see is one score, two different midi files, each containing only the music enclosed in the tags.

is something similar possible? Maybe I forgot some essential extra code...

Using different score blocks for each part seems a bit much to get one pdf for the full score and chopped midi files.

grtz,
Bart

Here is a short example of how I might use tags to produce a better midi output:

\version "2.19.51"
\language "english"

music = \relative {
  \tag #'layout { d''2. \trill }
  \tag #'midi   { \repeat unfold 7 { e32 d } c d }
  c4 }

\score {
  \keepWithTag #'layout
  \new Staff { \music }
  \layout {}
}

\score {
  \keepWithTag #'midi
  \new Staff { \music }
  \midi {
    \tempo 4 = 100

I use two different \scores with the \tagWithKeep command at the score level.  Works for me.

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)