Re: optimized paper definitions for a tablet 10.10 "

From: Herbert Liechti
Subject: Re: optimized paper definitions for a tablet 10.10 "
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 20:56:05 +0100

Hi Abraham

That was very quick :-) Thank you very much. Works perfect.

My margin settings:

  left-margin = 0.15\in
  right-margin = 0.15\in
  bottom-margin = 0.04\in
  top-margin = 0.04\in

Best regards
Herbert

Herbert,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Herbert Liechti [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I recently bought  an Android Lenovo YOGA Book tablet and I like to use it on stage for viewing my sheets. I'm using an app MobileSheets for organzing the pdf files. I was wondering if anyone has made a paper definition (like A4) in lilypond for such a device. A tablet needs a minimum of margins.

I don't own this myself (though I have been tempted many times), so here's a best estimate based on some images I could find online to get measurements from. It should get you pretty close (if showing full-screen):

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%'

#(set! paper-alist (cons '("YOGA" . (cons (* 5.33 in) (* 8.55 in))) paper-alist))

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "YOGA")
  % tweak these to taste
  left-margin = 0.25\in
  right-margin = 0.25\in
  bottom-margin = 0.25\in
  top-margin = 0.25\in
}

\repeat unfold 20 { c'4 d' e'8 f' g' a' }

HTH,
Abraham