Re: exchange LyricHyphen with a "proper" hyphen

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: exchange LyricHyphen with a "proper" hyphen
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:16:43 +0100

On 2016-12-10 11:50, Michael Gerdau wrote:
And with this, all of this week's issues of mine are worked around, and
I can proudly present a beautiful little setting of a beautiful little
piece by Reger... :-)

Nice one
(Others already mentioned the two hyphen in bar 30)

Would you share the source(s)?

Hi Michael,

well, sure. Find them in this mail, but consider it work in progress, in particular for the "support libraries"... I didn't attach them to my first one (and didn't put them on CPDL yet) for two reasons:

First, the stylesheet.ily sets fonts in a way that requires a patched Lilypond (https://codereview.appspot.com/108700043). It is barely noticeable in this score, since I don't use small caps, but only change bold to demi-bold; so a definition like #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "RomandeADF Std" "RomandeADF No2 Std" "Luxi Mono" (/ staffSize 20))) instead of make-romande-biolinum-mplus-font-tree and setting LyricText.font-family = #'sans should give almost identical results with an upstream version.

Second, as mentioned, the notes and lyrics should be in an okay shape, but all the .ily's will need some care at some point, and at least comments telling from whom or where I stole that code from (LSR/OpenLilyLib/Mailing list).

Anyway, feel free to have a look (and/or chase down the problem with the new lyric hyphen ;-))!

Cheers,
Alexander