Re: Ties across voices

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 23:27:45 +1100

​Hi All,​

On 12 December 2016 at 23:24, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 2016-12-12 12:24, Peter Toye wrote:
Andrew, Urs,

Thanks both for the ideas. It's interesting.

Andrew's method works but gives a warning about clashing note columns
but the layout is fine.

you can add a
  \once \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
before \stemDown; this will suppress the warning.

BTW: Has this warning been disabled somewhere in the unstable versions? From 2.19.49, I get no complaint even for
  << { \stemDown b' } \\ a' >>
which clearly collides...

I dont get any such warning in 2.19.52. Suits me fine. I use this technique daily. As far as I am concerned, it is not a clash (but perhaps lilypond once saw it that way.)

Andrew