Re: Any idea what this error message means?

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Any idea what this error message means?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:41:13 +0100

> As far as I can tell, all I did was move a few files into different
> directories. And I am now getting this message when it tries to convert
> the PS file to PDF. The PS file is is still on the disk and looks OK. Any
> idea what it means and how I can get my output back?
>
> Layout output to `All night.ps'...
> Converting to `./All night.pdf'...
> warning: `(gs -q -dNOSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
> -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
> -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./All night.pdf -c.setpdfwrite
> -fAll night.ps)' failed (1) fatal error: failed files:
> "D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Gurney/All night/Gsharpm/All night.ly"

On top what all the others already said here is my experience:

I've only seen things like that on Windows (as is your case too) and when
it happened I *always* had the to-be-created PDF open in an external
viewer (not Frescobaldi). On Linux that works w/o problems is is then
reloaded automatically in the viewer, but on Windows I always have to
close the viewer, run Lp and reopen the viewer.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden