Re: Repositioning a dynamic

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Repositioning a dynamic
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:04:34 +0000

Andrew, Jacques,

I tried rotating the hairpin to get closer to the original and got an odd result. In the snippet below, removing the comment on the rotation does not rotate the hairpin, which I thought it would, but instead moves the right-hand end of the slur.

I've now downloaded 2.19.52, but it didn't change anything.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

Hi Peter,

Well, you could do this:

== snip

\version "2.19.52"
\language "english"
{
 \time 3/4
 \key gs \minor
 \clef bass
 \relative c'
 {
   \override PhrasingSlur.outside-staff-priority = 1000
   <b fs>8\( b,\) <b fs>\( ds^\< fs ds'\)\! |

== snip

Sorry I do not have 2.18.

But this is very ugly. You would have to shape the phrasing slur in odd ways. Why not put the dynamic under the notes?

Andrew