Re: Snippet variations

From: Br. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Snippet variations
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:30:47 -0500

Building on the idea, I could reduce the number of needed files from 3 to 2 if I could test whether aster has been defined or not. In this instance the source file would check to see if aster is defined, and if not define it. The second file would would first define aster and then load the first file (thus doing everything the first file does, just with the alternate definition of aster).

Some Googling led me to this idea:
#(if (not (defined? aster)) (aster = { \set stanza = \markup{"*"} }))

but this mixes scheme and lilypond syntax in a way I suspect is not allowed (and indeed it does raise an error when inserted into the snippet example). Is there a way to do something like this?

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ