Re: Stanza "number" alignment

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Stanza "number" alignment
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 01:43:37 +0100

> On 2016-12-19 5:04 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
>>
>> \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = 3.5
>

> That works well too.  Which will have more predictable results when the line
> width and staff size changes?

No idea. I'm afraid you'll ned to try it out.

> I'm going to be using these snippets in both
> a "normal" and a "large print" booklet, eventually, and I'd like the
> solution to be adaptable to that down the road.
>
> Also, if I want some additional space after the g'2 in the first line, and
> want the lyric extender underneath to cover that space, is there a better
> solution than having a hidden note?  (Neither the hidden rest nor the shift
> in the note column affect the lyric extender).

Probably:

#(ly:set-option 'relative-includes #t)
\version "2.19.53"
\language "english"

global = { \key g \major }

music = {
    a'4 g'2
    \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = 30
    g'4 g' f-sharp' e' g' \bar "|"
    \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = 3.5
    g' f-sharp'( g') e' f-sharp' g' \bar ":|."
}

words = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = \markup "℣."
    \once \override LyricExtender.minimum-length = 40
    "." __ _ we pray to the Lord.
    \set stanza = \markup "℟." O Lord, hear our paryer.
}

\new Staff
<<
    \new Voice = "mel" { \global \music }