Re: Automatic Lyric Extenders

From: Br. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Automatic Lyric Extenders
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:44:44 -0500

On 2016-12-19 6:27 PM, Simon Albrecht wrote:
I actually meant using an include file like the attached and not having to add
the music function locally at all.

This is definitely an idea I like, as it means I'm less likely to forget it as I continue to add to the project and will make it easier to convert when this gets into LilyPond proper.

#(set! toplevel-music-functions
       (cons (lambda (music parser) (autoextenders music))
         toplevel-music-functions))

When I add this to the bottom of autoextenders.ily I get the following error:

Starting lilypond 2.19.53 [Let_us_love_one_another.ly]...
Processing
`/Users/RPS/Documents/Abbey/DivineOffice/music/antiphons/Let_us_love_one_another.ly'
Parsing.../Applications/LilyPond-dev.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:189:24:
 In expression (f m):
/Applications/LilyPond-dev.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:189:24:
 Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure #f (music parser)>
Exited with return code 1.

Based on memories of reading this list, and the hint about number of arguments, I realized that the problem was because I'm using 2.19.53 and the parser argument is no longer required. Deleting that got things working. It should be noted that this was not something that convert-ly run on autoextenders.ily caught; I had to do this manually.

On 2016-12-19 5:48 PM, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> If you have access to a standard Unix shell, the call
>   sed -i -e '1s/^/\\include "autoextenders.ily"\n/' -e
> 's/\\lyricmode/\\autoextenders\\lyricmode/' *.ly
> might do wonders. Make a backup before, though.

I thought of using sed too, but thanks to Simon don't have to anymore. What I was more concerned about, however, was the time needed to review the results of the application to see if anything broke as a result. After a quick review of the half-dozen or so examples I have entered for this project so far, everything seem fine.

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ