Re: Is there a short way of forcing a particular octave?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Is there a short way of forcing a particular octave?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:15:36 +0100

On 20.12.2016 17:39, Peter Toye wrote:
Is there a short way of forcing a particular octave? I tend to enter my music using the \relative notation. I want make sure, especially after a complicated set of new voices or a frequently-used music pattern that's been put into a variable, that the next note will be in the correct octave. I know that I can do an \octaveCheck but this throws up an error message if it's not right. Is there a simple way to force a note to be in a correct octave without the error messages? I know that I can do \relative c' { music } but this gives a lot of otherwise superfluous brackets.

What I think is really needed here is something like \forceOctave c'' which moves subsequent music into the octave without any error messages. Or does it exist somewhere and (as a newbie) I haven't found it?

I think \resetRelativeOctave is what you’re looking for.

Best, Simon