Re: A term double slurs in LilyPond version 2.18.2.

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: A term double slurs in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:35:57 +0100

On 21.12.2016 18:49, Mirosław Doroszewski wrote:
2. But the term "double slur" suggest that it is only for chords with 2 notes.
3. So, does the name of the term should be change into new name "mutli
slurs"?

The current naming is correct, because indeed no more than two slurs are output. I understand your feature request, changing the behaviour to print one slur for each notehead in the chord (but what if the slurred chords have different numbers of heads? or the slur extends over more than two chords?). I think the more sensible solution, which does not work satisfactorily yet even in unstable releases, would be using in-chord slurs like
{ <b\=1 ( gis\=2 ( f\=3 ( d\=4 (> <c\=1 ) a\=2 ) e\=3 ) c\=4 )> }
with \= being used to address the slurs with IDs.

Best, Simon