Re: How does one add an "x" or some other mark within the staff where a

From: guo guocuozuoduo
Subject: Re: How does one add an "x" or some other mark within the staff where a note normally goes?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 05:29:58 +0000

Hi,

You could use a grace note with an invisible stem and note-head changed to a cross.

HTH,
Brian

发自我的 iPad

在 2016年12月22日,12:21,Ben Beeson <address@hidden> 写道:

Hi,

I am looking at a handwritten score that contains some extra marks in the staff that I would like to include in a LilyPond score. In the bottom part of the score linked here

you can see where the author as written in some "x's" in the staff at the C or A note location. What I would like to do is replicate that marking in the LilyPond score. I have tried markup, but that does not place the "x" in the right spot. Is there a way to make a note have zero time value and then replace the note with a letter or other symbol?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ben