Re: Ugly slur with large leap - help?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Ugly slur with large leap - help?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:08:33 +0100

Am 23.12.2016 um 11:49 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> Maybe try \shapeII from openlilylib as well, it’s much more comfortable
> to use, though in my experience sadly it messes with system/staff
> placement in a way that makes it unusable.

Could you please elaborate a little bit on that, possible with examples?
It would be great to fix everything with \shapeII and finally bring that
functionality to LilyPond itself.

(While working on the multi-segment slurs I realized that the basic
calculations can now be done much simpler than what Janek did then, so
it might be worth *not* to add \shapeII to LilyPond but to extend the
already-present \shape function.

Urs