MultiMeasureRest symbol spacing

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: MultiMeasureRest symbol spacing
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:52:36 +0100

Hello list,

in my current scores I have to deal with a lot of MultiMeasureRests. I am facing the following layout-problem:

If there is one line filled with (for example) a three measure long mm-rest (and maybe one bar with a few cue-notes) the measure-symbol consisting of two or the rectangles is spreading quite widely:

%%%%%
\paper {
  ragged-last = ##f
}
{ \compressFullBarRests R1*3 }
%%%%%

(mmrest1.png)

But I would like to space it like in mmrest2.png, the default spacing.

I looked for an override, but didn't find one suitable.
Anybody knows how to deal with it?

Jan-Peter