Re: Blog posts, call for

From: Devin Ulibarri
Subject: Re: Blog posts, call for
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 17:28:00 +0000

Urs Liska:
> I just scrolled through a few pages of the Scores of Beauty
> (http://lilypondblog.org) site and find that - in addition to the facth
> that the rate of posts has substantially dropped - my name appears just
> too exclusively. This isn't "my" blog but the "semi-official LilyPond" blog.

I did not even realize there was a lilypond blog... thanks for reminding
everyone!

> The range of possible topics is really broad and could include short
> tutorials about a certain challenge you have just mastered with the help
> of the community, general thoughts about music/notation software or
> reports of your own activities. We would really love to have more posts
> about projects done with LilyPond. These could go into some depth about
> technical detail or just give an impression on how it was doing the
> project with LilyPond and how musicians responded to it.
> Or anything else I just didn't think of.

Questions:
1) Would you be willing to publish an article about how Music Blocks (a
visual coding language for music. Homepage at
https://www.musicblocks.net) software generates lilypond code and how
one can use Music Blocks software as an entry point to lilypond?

2) Would you be willing to publish articles created by High School
students participating in Google Code-in (GCI)? I could draft a task and
we could have some kids write about their experience learning Lilypond
from Music Blocks. Of course, you would still have the final say as to
whether or not the blog posts would meet your standards and be published.

Otherwise, I could write something, but the above options would be fun
and the idea is off the table in a few weeks as the GCI contest closes
in mid-January.

Best,
Devin