Re: Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:46:04 +0100

Miroslaw,

<address@hidden>:
> Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
> I have received:
> "Of course they are "automatically calculated": according to the rules
> set in markup-system-spacing".

why do you always open new threads and not replying there?

> 1. I was testing setting markup-system-spacing before my e-mail, and
> without any effect (print was unchanged).

Without knowing your code noone can reproduce what you did or make any
reasonable suggestion.

> 2. I suppose that it was so because the setting was (is) in template,
> not in a bottom-level document.

I don't know _what_ you are calling a template. which? code?
Apart from that it's not impossible, but very unlikely.
I suppose a user-eror.

> 3. The point is: some unwanted or rather none effects become when
> setting are changed in template, non in many pieces of whole project.

Without knowing your code noone can reproduce what you did or make any
reasonable suggestion.

> 4. Every developers, users, customers advanced and "basic" know that
> many files are put in directories.

Indeed. And it uses to work.

> 5. When project have many files (pieces) — why do not put them in
> directories thematically?

Yep, why not?

> 6. There was 2 times that I had to change many pieces because of
> problems with software...

Sorry to hear that.
Which software?

> 7. So I tell: not every settings works in template, which is common
> for many pieces (files). Every settings works when are put in the same
> file.

Not impossible, but very unlikely.
I suppose a user-eror.

> 8. Conclusion is the same: lilypond has to be change to treat settings
> of any template file in any directory.

Without knowing your code noone can reproduce what you did or make any
reasonable suggestion.
I don't know _what_ you are calling a template. which? code?
I suppose a user-eror.

> 9. Supposing: lilypond users are working rather with simple pieces,
> i.e. a) 2 voices — not 4; b) 1 chord slur — not 4 slurs in chord made
> of 4 notes; c) small project with up to 50 pages etc. So they need not
> put their projects in directories.

Disagreed.

> 10. That is why I have problems with my project, which has hundreds
> files-pieces put in up to hundred directories.

Sorry to hear of your problems, but you give us exactly zero
information to help.

So I'm afraid I'll will not longer reply to your posts unless this
changes and do more meaningful things.

-Harm