shapeII debugging

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: shapeII debugging
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:46:03 +0100

On 23.12.2016 12:08, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 23.12.2016 um 11:49 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Maybe try \shapeII from openlilylib as well, it’s much more comfortable
to use, though in my experience sadly it messes with system/staff
placement in a way that makes it unusable.
Could you please elaborate a little bit on that, possible with examples?
It would be great to fix everything with \shapeII and finally bring that
functionality to LilyPond itself.

My ‘minimal’ example file is the attached one. Last time I tried to get to the source of the problem I found this tracker issue [1] and came to the conclusion that a fix would require integration of shapeII deep in the C++ LilyPond code to circumvent the really fundamental problems hinted there. Presumably the difference between your user experiences and mine has to do with the bug only (?) occuring with the (head x x) option. And certainly I agree that it would be marvelous to see the functionality in LilyPond proper, with this bug fixed.

Best, Simon

[1] <https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/issues/24>