Cannot move measure counters vertically

From: liang seng
Subject: Cannot move measure counters vertically
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 16:25:17 +0000

Hi, I'm using Lilypond version 2.18.2 in Windows 10. Another problem I've encountered is, how to move measure counters vertically (in other words increase the gap between measure counters and the staff):

\version "2.18.2"
\layout { \context { \Staff
\consists #Measure_counter_engraver
\override MeasureCounter.staff-padding = #10 }}
\score  { \relative c' { \startMeasureCount R1*2 \stopMeasureCount

Neither the staff-padding or padding seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Seng Liang.