cannot compile file with name satb.ly from the command line

From: Pat Karl
Subject: cannot compile file with name satb.ly from the command line
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 17:41:23 -0600

I tired to send this earlier by sending it to address@hidden, but it didn’t seem to make it.  Trying again to address@hidden.

So I have this simple lilypond file:

\version “2.19.46”
{ c4 }

in a file called satb.ly

When I try to compile it with:  lilypond satb.ly
the “Processing" line from the log file reads:

Processing `/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/satb.ly'

Note that the file being processed is not my file, but rather some internal lilypond file with the same name.  The compilation does not really “work”, since it is not my file that is compiled.

I have tried also naming my file:  suomi.ly.  And it runs into the same problem. I conclude that one should not use any of the filenames in the lilypond ly directory (there is a file suomi.ly there). I have not been able to find any documentation of this.

I’m using LilyPond 2.19.46 on a Mac running OSx 10.11.6.