Re: Trying to Convert MIDI to Lilypond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Trying to Convert MIDI to Lilypond
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 10:05:37 +0100

Il giorno dom 25 dic 2016 alle 9:58, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
 ImportError: dlopen
(/Applications/LilyPond-2-19-45.app/Contents/Resources/lib/lilypond/current/python/midi.so,
 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Applications/LilyPond-2-19-45.app/Contents/Resources/lib/lilypond/current/python/midi.so:
 mach-o, but wrong architecture
 joemacbook:midi josephaustin$

I get a similar problem trying to do the convert from within Frescobaldi.

 This is my first attempt at MIDI-to-Lilypond conversion,
 so I may be making some elementary error.

This is the only file in the whole LilyPond distribution that needs a C compiler to compile. It also makes for a whole lot of trouble. What it
does can likely be rewritten in Python without much of a performance
impact for the application as a whole.

So rewriting this module in Python proper would be very much desirable.
I think that somebody™ should really do this.

In other words: raise an issue report about this problem, and I think
the suggestion to solve this problem area once and for all by not using
a C module in the first place should be high on the list of desirable
solutions for the issue.

I think that there's already an issue for this (and also an abandoned patch):