Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 13:28:16 +1100

Sorry for being such a pain around here... I promise that soon I'll leave you all in peace!

Anyway, my problem du jour: I have a piece which starts with three text elements: the title of the piece, the tempo indication, and a segno sign. This last occurs at the first bar line, immediately after the initial partial bar.

The problem is that the segno sign is placed above the tempo indication, which I think looks messy. My preference would be (from top to bottom): title, tempo, segno.

Here is an MWE for this issue:

--

\version "2.18.2"

\score {
 \new Staff {
 \tempo "Faster than possible"
\partial 4 r4 \mark \markup {\small \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" }| r1
 }
 \layout { }
 \header{
   piece = "A piece"

How can I have the segno sign occur below the tempo indication?

Thanks,
Alasdair

--
Alasdair McAndrew