Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:11:05 -0700 (MST)

Urs Liska wrote
> Am 2016-12-27 17:22, schrieb Trevor Bača:
>
>> Dear Andrew,
>>
>> Just a quick note to tell you much I'm enjoying the pedal decorations
>> work you implemented in openlilylib:
>>
>> https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/notation-snippets/pedal-decorations
>>
>> Being able to head a pedal bracket with L, M, R for the left, middle,
>> right pedals is incredibly easy to do with the pedal decorations (and
>> overcomes a hard limitation in LilyPond's default pedal spanner
>> implementation which forbids custom markup). Thanks so much for
>> publishing the work: all incorporated into the piano music I'm
>> currently writing.
>>
>> Also, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the pedal decorations were
>> my first real interaction with openlilylib.
>> Quite a collection of extensions! Other LilyPond users with even
>> minimal Git experience will find it easy to clone
>> the repository. And LilyPond users without Git experience might be
>> interested in knowing that they can
>> cut-and-paste directly from many of the openlilylib files directly into
>> their own scores. The entire project is
>> really worth checking out.
>
> I would like to hook into this.
>
> I strongly suggest *not* to copy-and-paste the snippets into your own
> files. One of the motivations to create openLilyLib as a complement to
> the LSR was that it is *includable*, so you don't have to create literal
> copies in your own files.
>
> People without Git experience or the willingness to install it should
> rather download a copy of the repository as a ZIP file, which is
> available from the project page
> (https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets) through the green "Clone or
> download" button.
> Simply extract the archive to some location on your disk and add that
> directory to LilyPond's search path (either as a command line argument
> or through Frescobaldi's Preference dialog.
>
> Best
> Urs

Urs,

How do you add the extracted Zip folder to Frescobaldi, where does that path
go? I'm a little confused. The include path? I can't find a 'search path' in
the options. Can you offer how to do this? Thank you!

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond