Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 20:11:52 +1100

Hi David,

Well the NR says:

"...
This is accomplished with the \tweak command, which has the following syntax:
\tweak [layout-object.]grob-property value

Specifying layout-object is optional. The \tweak command applies to the music object that immediately follows value in the music stream.

..."

Is that not omitting the layout-object? Surely the square brackets and the following text indicate you can leave out the layout object in the command? Nobody would think this is referring to the actual layout object to be tweaked?

Andrew

On 28 December 2016 at 19:48, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> All this time and I never knew you could omit the layout-object from the
> tweak command. Thank you for pointing this out!
>
> So Alasdair, you can just say:
>
>     \tweak outside-staff-priority ##f
>     \mark \markup {\small \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"  }

That's not omitting the "layout-object".  The layout-object is the \mark
in this case.

In earlier versions of LilyPond, the Tweak_engraver lived mostly in some
bottom-level contexts, so its action was limited to items emitted in
those contexts.  It has since then been moved to Score level, so its
action is a lot more generally available and its behavior requires less
hand-waving to explain.

--
David Kastrup