Re: OOoLilyPond

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:59:22 +0100

Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies!

Am 30.12.2016 um 07:36 schrieb Brian Barker:

At 09:17 30/12/2016 +1100, Philip Rhoades wrote:
How did OOoLP accomplish this? - by distracting an axe murderer who loves beautiful scores thus giving you enough time to escape? OOoLP giving you external heart massage after a heart attack?

Good tip . . bad English . .

Charles Dickens wrote of Nicholas Nickleby "His looks were very haggard, and his limbs and body literally worn to the bone, ...". Will you tell Mr Dickens he wrote "bad English" or should I?

James Joyce, in Dubliners: "Lily, the caretaker’s daughter, was literally run off her feet." Will you speak to Mr Joyce?

Charlotte Brontë, in Jane Eyre: "Literally, I was (what he often called me) the apple of his eye." Will you approach Ms Brontë about her error?

And there we were, thinking these were writers of excellent English!

Brian Barker
Don't walk away... Bad English doesn't always have to be a shame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MaO0OAZZUE
;-)
(To all Germans: Don't be afraid, it's NOT that famous Oettinger video...)

Cheers,
Klaus