Re: Special bar lines

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Special bar lines
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 19:03:08 +0100

> Whoops.  Spoke to soon.  I have some scores where I have these special bar
> lines and either "|." or ":|." and when made in a universal manner, these
> overrides affect them as well (in both the thick line is thinned, in ":|."
> the dots are also reduced in size).
>
> Is there a way to change these settings so that they only affect the "[" and
> "]" bar lines and not anything else?
>
> I've thought about using \temporary ... \revert and \once to affect just the
> barlines I want, but these create more edits (which to some extent can be
> automated via sed).  I'm hoping for a solution which will be easy to apply
> on a project wide basis by adding it to the project style file (which all
> project files include).

You could do:

\defineBarLine "[" #'("" "[" "")
\defineBarLine "]" #'("]" "" "")

{
    \override Staff.BarLine.before-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
      (let ((glyph-name (ly:grob-property grob 'glyph-name)))
        (if (member glyph-name '("[" "]"))
            (begin
              (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'thick-thickness 1)
              (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'font-size -4)))))
    c' \bar "[" c' c' \bar "]" c'
    \repeat volta 2 c'1
    c'
    \bar "|."
}

Please shout, if further problems occuring.
There's still the possibility left to define a new bar-line from scratch.

Cheers,
  Harm