Re: OOoLilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 14:11:04 +0100

Am 02.01.2017 um 14:07 schrieb Klaus Blum:
> Urs Liska wrote
>> The original package on SourceForge does *not* have a license included
> The macro code itself is preceeded by a comment:
>
>> '     OOoLilyPond - using LilyPond in OpenOffice.org
>> '
>> '    Copyright (C) 2005  geoffroy piroux
>> '    Copyright (C) 2009  Samuel Hartmann
>> '
>> '    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>> '    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>> '    the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
>> '    (at your option) any later version.
>> '
>> '    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>> '    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>> '    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
>> '    GNU General Public License for more details.
>> '
>> '    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
>> '    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
>> '    Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301
>> USA
> Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Ehm, yes ...

> Urs Liska wrote
>> I checked with LibreOffice 5.2.4 and could properly include a
>> LilyPond-generated .eps graphic and export the whole document to PDF
>> without obvious issues.
> Hmmm... I just installed LibreOffice 5.2.4.2 and had no luck with .eps
> graphics. In OpenOffice 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 it works. That's what I'm using
> literally/figuratively every day.
> However, .svg import seems to work fine in LibreOffice (but not in
> OpenOffice).

*After* writing my last comment I wrote something (but for OpenOffice)
that support for file formats may vary by OS (then it said: .eps is not
possible on Windows).

> Right now I'm trying to add an option to use .svg in OooLilyPond.

That would be good.
While I think on the long run a Python based development from scratch
would be the best option this looks like more work than expected, and I
think it will only happen if someone with Python knowledge and
OOo/LibreOffice experience steps in. OTOH this also may be two different
persons collaborating.

Urs