Access a tie from a slur

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Access a tie from a slur
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 01:33:10 +0100

Hi all,

the message title may be misleading, but it names the only idea I have
for my current issue.

I am asked to create a strange slur configuration similar to the
attached example. The coloring is only for better referencing in the
email, and please don't question the notational use of the challenge -
it's asked for and I have to provide a solution (well, actually, right
now I'm only investigating if there *is* a proper solution I can offer).

The task is to have the blue slur reliably point to the middle of the
magenta tie. For the example I have simply used \shape with the slur to
make it demonstrate the goal. But I am after a proper solution.

My question is if it is somehow possible to access the control points of
the magenta tie while still being able to set the control points of the
blue slur. I would imagine to have the slur end at the magenta f', then
have some function implicitly create the tie there and use the tie's
control points to set the slur's control points. (In this constellation
the tie wouldn't actually be entered explicitly.)

Does this sound plausible from the perspective of when which properties
can be retrieved and when changed?

If not, is there another solution to have a robust interface to achieve
what I need?

Thanks for any suggestions
Urs