Re: Actually forcing some horizontal space between two notes

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Actually forcing some horizontal space between two notes
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 14:47:52 +0000

On Wed, 2017-01-04 at 09:25 -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> > It seems to be what I was talking about - thanks for pointing it
> > out.
> > Is this a relatively new feature?
> I would think this feature has been around for at least 6 years,
> maybe longer?

And looking at the documentation, I see that it is even covered in the
Learning Manual.  Yet somehow I wasn't really aware of it.

I thought that perhaps it would force items further apart even in cases
where the spacing is actually OK without it.  But after experimenting,
I see that it really does act in the way I want, effectively defining
the minimum distance between 2 NoteHeads.  If they are in any case more
than the specified distance apart due to, say, several shorter-value
notes in a parallel stave, then the extra-spacing-width has no effect.

Which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again.

David